Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So grateful!

My family had a raffle and yardsale to help us raise money for surrogacy. My mom put a lot of planning and thought into the raffle. My mom, dad, sisters, friends and other family members got awesome raffle prizes, there were over 150 prizes. It turned out great, I am so grateful for all the love and support Jamie and I got. It was wonderful to see people I haven't seen in a very long time. Thank you! I feel so blessed to have great family and friends!! My family is absolutely amazing! Jamie's family ( Morton's) aren't really close, so it makes me appreciate my family that much more.


Thanks to everyone who came out, donated and for the sweet wishes! Jamie and I are truly grateful. You all have helped out more then you know!


To my cousin Wendy who is giving us the most precious gift. Wendy you're the most amazing, caring, giving, selfless person I know! I'll never be able to thank you enough. You deserve all the happiness in the world!


For some of you who read my blog and may not know I was diagnosed with Takayasus Arteritis about seven years ago. It has been a rough seven years but I have learned so much from it and I wouldn't change a thing. My sister Mandy asked me the other day if I ever ask God why me and the answer is no. I never have and I never will. I think everything that happens to us happens for a reason. I know that God is there for me and helps me get through the darkest times of my life. I love my life and will never give up, I will fight till the end but it's all in the hands of the man up stairs.


I want to thank everyone for all the prayers, thoughts and love over the years. I know he's listening! I truly believe that my sister Misty and I were sent an angel to calm us down the night before my open heart surgery. He told us tomorrow would be a better day! So now when I am having a bad day I always tell myself that tomorrow will be a better day.




2 comments:

McDermaid Fam said...

That last part made me cry. I am so grateful for your friendship and that we get to be there with you guys through the journey.

Miranda Whitney said...

Wow I had no idea about any of this you are such an amazing strong person. I wish you nothing but happiness.